Bowen University POSTUTME screening exercise form for 2020/2021 academic session is out.
Bowen University Iwo Osun state has started selling their POSTUTME screening form for both UTME and direct entry candidate for 2020/2021
The management of the institution make this know to the public on their portal.
This is too Inform the general public that Bowen University 2020/2021 addmission exercise have commence, for all interested candidates who are interested to study at Bowen University should start obtaining their form on ugadmission.bowen.edug.ng
Admission requirements for both direct entry and UTME candidates
All UTME applicants should take note of these following requirements.
- All applicants must choose Bowen University as their first choice and must sit for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- All applicants are expected to have at least five credit in their SSCE examination(WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) to able to register and take part in the screening exercise and the five credit must obtained not more than two sittings.
- Applicants using awaiting results can also apply.
- Applicants must meet up to the JAMB pass mark.
READ ALSO: Moshood Abiola Polytechnic screening for is out
Direct Entry Applicants
All those applicants who wants to obtain the POSTUTME form through direct entry should take note of these following guideline.
- All direct entry applicants should apply through jamb to able to obtain their POSTUTME form.
- All NCE and ND candidate must have at least lower credit in relevant courses
- The institution requires applicants to have at least two advanced level passes at acceptable grade level.
- Applicants with Interim Joint Matriculation Board(IJMB) and Joint University preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) or Cambridge moderation schools of basics studies at acceptable grade level.
- All HND holder may be admitted to 200level or 300level depending on the candidates program and institution.
READ ALSO: Bayero University of Kano direct entry screening exercise form is out
How to apply for the screening
- All applicants are expected to pay #10,000 for registration fees
- Applicants should go to university portal www.ugadmission.edu.ng to fill out the screening form
- Applicants are required to get ready to take their computer based POSTUTME at home which will start on Saturday June 24th 20200
- All applicants must stay glue to their email and university portal for more updates on timetable and more info.
- All applicants who are interested to obtain the POSTUTME form are expected to write their POSTUTME online before August 24th 2020.
- Applicants should also note that the Online POSTUTME exam will come up between 11:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday .
Bowen University History
Bowen is one of the oldest private institution of higher education in Nigeria, established in 2001 by the Nigerian Baptist Convention (NBC). The major foundation of what has become Bowen University today was laid in 1854. That year, the family of the late Rev. Thomas Jefferson Bowen started a school in Ijaiye Orile in the present Oyo State of Nigeria. The School, comprising five stewards of the late Bowens, five other labourers, and a few others drawn to the fledgling school by sheer curiosity, has grown from this little beginning in 1854 into thousands of Baptist Primary and Secondary Schools scattered across the country. By 1960, there was a Baptist school almost everywhere there was found a Baptist congregation.
The idea of establishing a Baptist University in Nigeria was first conceived in 1938. This was borne out of the Baptist commitment to assist the people to develop their potentials to the fullest. The first bold step towards actualising this vision was not taken until 1956 when a proposal was presented to the meeting of the Baptist Mission held in Eku from 11th to 14th December, 1956. On 16th and 17th July, 1957, the joint meeting of the Executive Committees of the Baptist Mission of Nigeria and the Nigerian Baptist Convention endorsed the idea. Since then, the Nigerian Baptist Convention has worked tirelessly, committing time, material and human resources to actualising the vision. Today, all these efforts have crystallised into the establishment of Bowen University, a significant landmark in the academic heritage of the Nigerian Baptist Convention, making it the first Baptist University in Africa.
Source: Bowen portal history
For more enquiry please visit the institution portal
If you have any questions kindly comment below to ask, thanks.
We appreciate that you read this articles, thank very much hope it was very helpful and you loved it, if you do kindly click the share button to share the love, SHARING IS CARING