Today we will be looking at list of courses offered in Ladoke Akintola University of Technology.
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology is one of the state University in Nigeria that is located in Ogbomosho Oyo state, the University which was popularly known as LAUTECH began 1987 under the Military Governor of Oyo State.
Since years Lautech has gained many recognition across Nigeria and it was reqnoised as the best State University in Nigeria
Lautech offered many courses accredited by National Universities Commission (NUC).
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology admission requirements
Lautech Is one of the University that easy to gain admission into, so far if you can meet their demands.
- Before you can Admission into Lautech it requires sitting for JAMB, score minimum of 180 and above
- You must have complete OLevel with at least minimum of five credit in relevant subjects including English and mathematics and not more than two sittings.
- Lautech also use POSTUTME for admission screening which means you must also have good POSTUTME score.
- Lautech also accepts candidates using direct entry to apply for admission bit they all must apply through JAMB.
Now let go into list of courses currently offered at Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology .
List of faculties available in LAUTECH
There about 9 faculties available in Lautech
- Faculty Of Agricultural Science
- Faculty Of Basic Medical Science
- Faculty Of Clinical Science
- Faculty of Computing and Informatics
- Faculty Of Environmental Science
- Faculty Of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Food and Consumer Sciences
- Faculty Of Pure and Applied Science
- Faculty Of Management Science
List of courses offered in Lautech
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE SCIENCE
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Department of Crop Production and Soil Science
- Department of Crop and Environmental Protection
- Department of Animal Nutrition and Bio-Technology
- Department of Animal Production and Health
FACULTY OF BASICS MEDICAL SCIENCE
- Department of Medical Microbiology and Pathology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Bio-Chemistry
- Department of Medical Science Laboratory
- Department of Morbid Anatomy / Histo-pathology
- Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Department of Chemical Pathology
FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCE
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Obstetrics
- Department of Ophthalmologya
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Oto-Rhino Zarincology
- Department of Anaesthesia
FACULTY OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Cyber Security Science
- Department of Information Systems Science
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENT SCIENCE
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Fine and Applied Arts
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Food Science and Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Agricultural Engineering
FACULTY OF FOOD AND CONSUMER SCEINCE
- Department Of Food Science
- Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
FACULTY OF PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCE
- Department of Pure and Applied Biology
- Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Department of Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Department of pure and Applied Physics
- Department of Statistic
- Department of Earth Science
- Department of Science Laboratory Technology
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
- Department of Management and Accounting
- Department of Transport Management
- Department of Marketing
The conception of the University began in 1987 when Governor Adetunji Olurin, the then Military Governor of Oyo State, responding to a letter from the Governing Council of the Polytechnic Ibadan set up a seven member interministerial committee under the chairperson of Mrs. Oyinkan Ayoola. The Committee submitted its report in 1988 and recommended the establishment of a State University.
In response to their submission, a 15-member committee of distinguished academicians under the chairmanship of Professor J. A. Akinpelu was inaugurated to further deliberate on the matter. The committee again retained the earlier verdict of the necessity for a new University in the then Oyo State. Several other committees, notably that of the Archdeacon (Dr) E. O. Alayande also deliberated on the viability of an Oyo State University.
Then in October 1989, an inter-ministerial committee set up by the Governor, Col. Sasaenia Adedeji Oresanya under the Chairperson of Mrs. Lydia Oyewumi Abimbola the State Commissioner for Education by then, conclusively approved the idea and launched the Higher Education Development Appeal Fund of the University. A total Sum of N19m was realized in both cash and pledges from the launching ceremonies conducted in the State Capital and in the 42 Local Government Areas of the State. Bashorun M.K.O. Abiola who was the chief launcher, donated a total sum of N2.05 million.
We appreciate that you read this articles, thank very much hope it was very helpful and you loved it, if you do kindly click the share button to share the love, SHARING IS CARING