Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) has started selling their POSTUTME screening exercise forms for all interested candidates who choose the University as their first choice of institutions should start obtaining their forms on the institution portal.
This is to inform all candidates who choose Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) as their first choice and scored 160 above in 2020 UTME, that the form for 2020/2021 POSTUTME exam is now available on the portal, so all respective candidates should start obtaining their forms online.
UTME cutoff mark for MOUAU
The minimum jamb cutoff mark for Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) is 160 and above.
POSTUTME screening exercise registration date
The registration begins from 7th September 2020, all candidates are required to register online and make necessary registration before portal closed
- All candidates must scored minimum of 160 and above in 2020/2021 UTME examination.
- Candidates must make Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) their first choice of institution.
- Candidates must scored minimum of five (5) credits in relevant subjects including math and English and not more than two sittings.
- All direct entry should pass through JAMB for registration.
Candidates who want to change into any of the programmes of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike should immediately apply through the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) of JAMB. . Interested candidates for MICROBIOLOGY are informed that the programme now has full accreditation by National Universities Commission (NUC).
- All Candidates are to visit the University Website at www.mouau.edu.ng. Click on the 2020/2021 Admission Screening banner.
- After Clicking on the 2020/2021 Admission Screening banner, enter a valid email address for record purposes.
- Input JAMB Registration number. This leads you to the Remita payment platform where an RRR number is generated with which payment of two thousand naira (N2000.00) will be made excluding others charges.
- Payment can be made by debit/credit card or by taking your RRR number to any bank nationwide and deposit cash. Return to the Website to continue your registration.
- Note Transaction charges apply (P.S: If you encounter any challenge after payment, kindly send an email to the University Portal Office at [email protected]
- After payment candidates should register by filling an online Application form and selecting proposed Department and other requisite details.
- Candidates are required to input their O’Level qualifying details for WAEC/NECO/NABTEB results obtained in not more than two sittings, Type of Exam, Year of Result, Scratch card details (PIN and Serial Number on the card) as well as upload any results submitted for screening to their JAMB profiles on JAMB CAPS to qualify for admission.
- The upload of O’level results to JAMB CAPS must be done in JAMB CBT accredited centres.
- Fetch result from examining body (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB), and after that candidates Confirm that the WAEC/NECO/NABTEB result fetched is correct before submission of form.
- Kindly note that O’Level results and number of sittings are weighted.
- Candidates awaiting 2020 WAEC/NECO results are advised not to register until these results are available, to avoid the need for updates.
- NOTE: Some fields are prefilled and cannot be changed
- After that fill the remaining form, submit and take print-out after executing the Submit button. System sends a copy of submitted form to your email for record purposes.
- Kindly note that the University is not liable for any wrong information entered by candidates.
- Candidates are advised to periodically check the University Portal for their screening results after registration.
Candidates should regularly check the University website for further information on their admission status. Candidates are strictly advised not to pay money to any person except fees as approved by MOUAU in the advert as the University does not charge any money for candidates to obtain admission.
Short history of MOUAU
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, formerly Federal University of Agriculture, Umudike, was established as a specialized University by the Federal Government of Nigeria via Decree No 48 of 2nd November 1992. It began formal activities on May 1993 with the appointment of the first Council and Vice-Chancellor, Professor Placid C. Njoku on 27th May, 1993, while other key officials of the University were appointed later. Prof. Francis Ogbonnaya Otunta, a distinguished Professor of Mathematics is the 5th and present Vice-Chancellor of the University. He assumed office on Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
The Institution is located in the well-known Agricultural Training and Research town of Umudike, about 9 kilometers from Umuahia town, the capital of Abia State. The major link road to the University is the Umuahia – Ikot Ekpene Federal Road, a direct route to the State capitals of Abia, Akwa – Ibom and Cross River. Being close to Umuahia, the University is linked through a major North- South Express Road to most parts of the country. It commenced its activities at the premises of the former Federal College of Agriculture, Umudike (At present the Federal College of Agriculture has been moved to Ishiagu, Ebonyi state).
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, is envisioned to be a University par excellence and hopes to help the peoples of Nigeria and beyond through the provision of practical knowledge for agricultural transformation in order to achieve sustainable food production.
The first set of students were admitted into the institution during the 1993/94 academic year with a student population of 82. It is the intention of the University to gradually increase the number of students matching her intake with her available resources.
One of the responsibilities of a University is to impart understanding of the processes that govern human experience. Therefore the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike as a specialized tertiary institution, will impart understanding of the processes that relate to the biophysical, biochemical and socioeconomic components of the environment, and how these processes can be harnessed for the production of food and fibre to meet human needs without the degradation of the natural environment. It is the plan of the University to serve the people of Nigeria and the world through education, manpower development and quality research aimed at the development of technologies that will overcome major constraints to agricultural production. This, the University does through a range of activities carried out in its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
We appreciate that you read this articles, thank very much hope it was very helpful and you loved it, if you do kindly click the share button to share the love, SHARING IS CARING