The Osun State University (uniosun) has started selling their 2020 POSTUTME admission screening exercise forms for 2020/2021 academic seasion, all candidates who choose uniosun as their first choice of institution during JAMB registration should start obtaining their forms online
This was announced by the school management on the school portal
Notice is hereby given that the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) screening exercise will hold for candidates who chose Osun State University as their first choice or those willing to change their institution and make UNIOSUN their first choice, who have a minimum score of 160 marks.
JAMB admission cutoff
The minimum jamb cutoff for uniosun admissions processing is 160, so all candidates who are willing to study at the institution must score not less than 160 and above.
POSTUTME registration deadline
Submission of forms closes at 12.00 noon on Friday 16th October, 2020, all candidates are expected to have done the necessary registration before the registration deadline.
Candidates must take note of the following eligibility:
- Candidates must be 16 years old and above at point of registration/ documentation of the programme
- Candidates must choose uniosun as their first choice of institution during jamb registration and must score minimum of 160 and above.
- Candidates that intend to study Accounting, Business Administration and Political Science must score at least 180 marks
- candidates that intend to study course like MBBS, Nursing, Law must score at least 200 and above
- Candidates made at least minimum of five (5) credit passes in SSCE/NECO/NABTEB in the relevant subjects including both math and English at not more than two sittings, except for Medicine, Nursing and Law, where candidates are expected to have at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE/NECO in the relevant subjects at one sitting. The University also accepts a minimum of Lower credit for Direct Entry candidates.
- Candidates who chose any of the above mentioned courses but scored less than the prescribed marks can change to any other relevant programme of their choice.
Candidates who are willing to change from other Institutions to make Osun State University as their first choice are also eligible to register for the Post-UTME Screening exercise.
However, candidates who made UNIOSUN as their first choice but could not find their names on first choice list should use the “OTHER CHOICE” option for their screening registration and supply their correct information which will be verified accordingly.
Candidates using awaiting results should supply it within one week of release.
- ALL Direct Entry candidates including UNIOSUN (IJMB, JUPEB) Programme, who wish to be considered for admission into Osun State University for the 2020/2021 academic Session, must obtained direct entry forms from jamb
- Candidates using HND/NS must have at least minimum of lower credit.
- Direct Entry candidates should complete the form on-line by accessing the University website: https://www.uniosun.edu.ng or https://admissions.uniosun.edu.ng and submit an application and ensure that they read the admission requirements of the university before applying to any of its programmes.
How to apply
All candidates are expected to pay registration fees of #2000 excluding others charges and it must be pay through the Interswitch Web PAY platform using your ATM cards (Master Card, Verve card and Interswitch enabled Cards.
- All candidates should Visit the Uniosun Post UTME Portal via https://admissions.uniosun.edu.ng. This will take you to the online Application Platform. Ensure you read all registration guidelines and instructions carefully before proceeding to register.
- Candidates should meticulously provide their O’ Level details on the University portal. Any candidate that supplies wrong information would be prosecuted by law enforcement agencies and the admission of such candidates withdrawn, once discovered.
- Candidates are expected to print two (2) copies of the application form after submission.
The 2020/2021 admission exercise will be based on Central Admission Processing System (CAPS), a system designed by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to automate the admissions process to tertiary institutions. All candidates are advised to upload their O’Level results to the JAMB CAPS portal as a pre-condition for admission.
Briefly History of UNIOSUN
Osun State University (UNIOSUN) was established by Osun State Government pursuant to the University Establishment Law passed by the State House of Assembly in December, 2006 and signed into law by His Excellency, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola. The National Universities Commission having reviewed the requisite documents, granted approval and formal recognition to Osun State University as the 80th university in Nigeria and 30th State University.
Osun State University is set up as a conventional, multi-campus university charged with the production of high quality, well–rounded, globally competitive and entrepreneurial graduates who are catalysts for rapid and sustainable socio-economic development of Osun State and Nigeria. Although the university is intended to be a conventional university, it shall optimise the application of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in its teaching, learning and research activities.
To create a unique institution committed to the pursuit of academic innovation, skill-based training and a traditon of excellence in teaching, research and community service.
To be a centre of excellence providing high quality teaching and learning experiences which will engender the production of entrepreneurial graduates capable of impacting positively on their environment while being globally competitive.
For further information, please contact the Admissions Office, Osun State University, Osogbo on Tel: 080-35769845, 08107976419
We appreciate that you read this articles, thank very much hope it was very helpful and you loved it, if you do kindly click the share button to share the love, SHARING IS CARING